[evlatests] Spectral Line fast dumping

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Tue Aug 21 11:54:49 EDT 2007

    The replacement of the system controller, and the departure of the
modcomps, has removed the major bottlenecks for 'fast dumping' -- using
short integration times -- for spectral line modes.

    I ran a rest last night to see just how fast we could go.  The
results are quite remarkable, and have exceeded Ken's predictions:

    With 256 total channels (in mode '4'), we lost no data at 3.33
seconds integration.
    With 512 total channels (in mode '2AC'), we lost not data at 5.0
seconds integration.

    We'll try even faster rates later today, when time becomes available.