[evlatests] AL703, Q-band, from yesterday evening

Claire Chandler cchandle at nrao.edu
Fri Aug 17 11:56:57 EDT 2007

This is just a quick report on AL703 from last night.

Q-band, 3-second integrations, fast-switching.

1) The phase stability is terrible and the data are probably not useful,
but that's due to the weather.

2) There are no Q-band fringes on antenna 7.  Noted in the log, but no
explanation given.

3) Fringes on antenna 6 are very weak, all IFs.  The log notes something
about a dead calibration signal for IFs A and B, but I see the problem on
all IFs.  Pointing?  I asked for (and was sent) the pointing solutions
from VLA Ops but the file format has changed from the old style and I
can't figure out what all the columns are.

4) There was a note in the log that some antennas did not set up properly,
and the script had to be restarted.  Any idea why this was?

Claire