[evlatests] 4 meter problems

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Fri Aug 10 13:15:14 EDT 2007

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007, Ken Sowinski wrote:

> The Flukes are not set right, so all the VLA antennas are not
> coherent with eVLA antennas.  There might be even more wrong
> with VLA antennas.

This occured when using the default frequency for 4 meters
because the wrong value was entered in the data base.
In addition the alternate input switches were not being
set for 4 meters; the fix for this has been commited.

> The working EVLA antennas seem to be polarized at random.
> 11, 17 and 26 are in one state;
> 18, 19, 21, 23 are in the other.
> Without a clearer majority I am not willing to say which group
> is correct.

There is now some evidence that the group including 11, 17 and 26
are wrong.

About 15 minutes of data were taken for Rick with everything
owrking so that he can provide a summary of what works and
what does not.