[evlatests] Strange goings-on for AW703

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Wed Aug 1 11:22:11 EDT 2007

This was the afternoon that miranda broke and networking at the
VLA was, at best, slow for a long time.  The oeprator interpreted
this as a vis-pipe failure and tried to treat it at as such
without much success.  Not much useful was happening much of the
time; logs may give some clue as to when the problem began and
stopped.  If not James may have a memory of when things happened.

This program probably needs to be reobserved and someone should
take advantage of the opportunity to fix all the observe file
problems Mark noted.  In addition to what he reports I saw many
examples of warnings in the executor log that the antennas were
pointing within a fraction of a degree of the sun.  The quality
of the data suggests that not much damage will accrue to having
marked as 'public'.

Ken