[evlatests] Spurious sources at X-band too.

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Tue Apr 24 14:58:20 EDT 2007

    This spurious source did not appear in my tests done this morning ...

    50 MHz, 0.416 sec dumps.  Four IFs.  Antenna 21 dead.  All others
o.k., with a few minor problems which were flagged out.

    In IF #1:
    EVLA - EVLA images showed peak rms in Stokes I of 0.7 mJy.  No
sources anywhere.
    VLA - VLA images showed peak of about 0.4 mJy -- possible source,
not at phase center.   Looks real.
    All antennas - all antennas showed peak about 0.3 mJy, with an
obvious background source, not at center.

    Everything looks fine in this dataset.  No spurious sources noted.

    Rick