[evlatests] Antenna 21 up and running!

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Thu Apr 12 19:52:45 EDT 2007

    The changes made by Jim to antenna 21 seem to have brought it to
life on the AC sides.  There is a periodic 1.67 second pulse in the
amplitudes on both A and C sides-- smells like something to do with
Walsh switching?  This shouldn't affect pointing, since that is done in
10-second averages.  Phases were find.  So, if the winds cooperate, we
should get good pointing tonight.

    I quickly checked other significant problems (P, L, C, and X bands
only).

    Antenna 24C still has the multiple-levels at all bands.

    Antenna 14C still has the 150 degree oscillation in phase, at P and
L bands.  This was not seen at C band today.

    Antenna 13 was dead for my first L-band observation, but was there
for the 2nd.  LO problem?

    Antenna 26 gave no fringes at C-band, despite there being a receiver
there (or so the list claims).

    The usual occasional short dropouts in amplitude were seen.

    All else worked as advertised.