[evlatests] State of the Hardware address

Rob Long rlong at nrao.edu
Wed Sep 20 09:53:51 EDT 2006

As everyone knows, three EVLA antennas were moved on Monday which
involved swapping fibers both at the pad and in the building.  It has
been an arduous process tracking down where each mis-connection or dirty
connector is located.

Right now, we have antennas 13 and 16 working again (with some patches
around high-loss fiber sections) and a have ant 14 talking to the
network, but still no LO power to the antenna.  It may be that the spare
and main LO fibers are crossed, but we hope to have this resolved this
morning.

There are 4 IFs on ant 24 as of yesterday.

Ant 26 has 2 IFs, but it appears that there is still a problem with the
baseband signal at the backend.  I still need to verify that the fiber
channels are correct in the back of the deformatter rack (high and low
bits may have been swapped in the demux to deformatter fiber.)  I will
try to accomplish this today also.

Rob