[evlatests] 4-band and P-band report

Mark Claussen mclausse at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 5 12:29:55 EDT 2006

On Thursday 05 October 2006 10:00, Rick Perley wrote:
>     I ran a full system check (all bands, all antennas) yesterday
> evening.  Here I report on the low frequency bands.
>
>     A)  74 MHz (4-band)
>
>     No EVLA antennas gave fringes.  Antennas 17 and 23 gave no fringes
> -- as expected, as 23 is on the MP, and 17 is in the barn.  All other
> antennas gave good fringes, with correct polarization.

This is consistent with earlier tests I have done (in the past two
weeks) trying to see if we had 74 MHz fringes to An 14 and 18,
which are the two antennas with 4P converters.  I have tried
a couple of different things as suggested by Ken, and have never
found fringes at 74 MHz to these two antennas (or any other EVLA
antennas, but these are the only two that we should expect them
for).  I have reported this privately to Ken and Chuck, but haven't
reported to the group in general.  I apologize for not reporting more
quickly.

Mark