[evlatests] tests, May 30 2006

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue May 30 18:43:00 EDT 2006

The major result today is that the L302 firmware fix to
address the once every ten second amplitude glitch seems
to work.  I can see no problem in either IF pair in antenna
13 after the modules were installed.  There will be a more
careful observation this afternoon at all bands with short
integration times to verify this and look for any other problems.
We expect to not see:
1.  The ten second amplitude glitch,
2.  the sawtooth in phase with ten second period,
3.  phase jumps when returning to the same frequency.

EVLA flagging was looked at and found to work as expected
only for antenna 13.  Chunai says she understands how this
might happen and will have a corrected version soon.

A second L302 was returned to antenna 18 and we now have
all IFs but C at X band.

Referenced pointing was not looked at today.

Rob spent part of the afternoon trying to pin down the
phase of the EVLA heartbeat relative to VLA data invalid.
What he finds will enable us to know whether the L302 fix
is adequate as it stands.

Problems
The most annoying problem was that the AC L302 at antenna 13
refused twice to lock at the L band frequency.  It reverted
to standby and worked after being driven off to some random
frequency by hand.