[evlatests] Dropouts

Vivek Dhawan vdhawan at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue May 23 13:56:47 EDT 2006

Dropouts:

Occurr on the integration period just after a 10s IAT timestamp.

The amplitude drops by 10-50%, the phase is unperturbed.

The magnitude of the drop decreases at longer integration times -
so it is briefer than 0.4sec

Below is what I gleaned from the 'treasure trove' of test data.

Ken is compiling a history of what modules were where/when. He also
has done other tests where the Walsh functions were off, and the
drops still happened; and maybe (I think) with L302 ramp updates
off but I dont remember the result.

APR 27: dropouts on 18 AC, NOT on 13 AC or BD.

MAY 04: dropouts seen on 13 AC AND 18AC

         The magnitude of drop on 13 to 18 is the same
	as the drop on 13 or 18 - not doubled or zeroed.

	Dropouts can miss a beat or 2 - not every 10s
         has one. The pattern is identical on 13 and 18.

MAY 12: 13AC (~50% drop) AND 13BD (~10% drop)

         Not visible on 18

         Not always there on every 10s tick.

         All IFS drop when 1 drops.

	(Walter reported on this same data earlier)

May 19: moved from 13AC to 13BD with L302 swap.

         not visible on 18.