[evlatests] the amplitude glitch in antenna 13

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu May 18 22:33:40 EDT 2006

On Sat, 13 May 2006, Ken Sowinski wrote:

> It is hard to say whether this is because of MIB software, DDS FPGA
> firmware or L305 problems. Walter's report of the strange and different
> behavior of BD suggests that there are two problems, or two L302s
> responding differently to an L305 problem.

Rob and I tried the experiment of swapping the L305 today.
In the morning I verifed that the glitch was still there.
In the afternoon after the swap, levels were set and the
antenna synchronized, and the glitch was still there.
There must be a design flaw in the L305 or a fault in the
AC L302.

The next step should be some combination of swapping the L302,
either with the BD L302 or a fresh copy, and detective work
on the bench.  What about heartbeat cabling between L305 and
L302?

Ken