[evlatests] 400 ms tests last night

Barry Clark bclark at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri May 12 12:24:24 EDT 2006

I guess I'm behind on these glitches; I wasn't aware of them.  How often
do the dropouts occur?  Do A/C and B/D glitch at the same time?  Do they
occur only on 10s boundaries?  Is it really only an antenna 13 problem?

> On the B/D IF:
>  	L-band -- dropouts not visible
>  	C-band -- dropouts to 97% of nominal amplitude
>  	X-band -- dropouts to 95% of nominal amplitude
>  	K-band -- dropouts to 65% of nominal amplitude

This looks like a delay rate error, about 12 ps in 0.4 sec.  This number is
not easy to understand.  The natural fringe rate is much higher, about
700 ps in 0.4 sec.  But if it isn't related to the fringe rate, why only
antenna 13?

Walter, are there phase glitches what one would expect from a rate error
(ie 45d for an amplitude of 60% of full)?  Without any phase glitches, one
would think in terms of a walsh function error for one cycle, but that
should drop to 75%, not 60%.