[evlatests] pointing results

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Mar 20 18:01:55 EST 2006

There was an X band pointing run the night of March 17 which
included all four EVLA antennas.  The problems that Rick reported
which resulted in much reduced amplitudes in VLA-EVLA baselines
was still happening at this time, but the pointing data look, for
the most part believable.  The wind was calm.

Antenna 13 has not moved and wanted only very small changes.
Good solutions for tilt were found for the three moved antennas,
and we also have X band collimations for antenna 18.

The solutions for antenna 16 were less good that the other antennas
with large chi square and post-fit RMS.  It is possible that this
is caused by a few outliers rather than something systematic in
pointing behavior.  I propose to ignore this for now but remember
to look at it again more carefully at the next pointing run when,
we can hope, the EVLA antennas wil be more normal.