[evlatests] Dropouts, continued ...

Walter Brisken wbrisken at nrao.edu
Tue Jun 27 23:09:47 EDT 2006

I still wonder if the issue is related at all to the power coming from the
comb generator.  I don't understand in detail the operation of the comb
generator or the mixer in the L302, but my naive thoughts suggest that
lower power might either lengthen the time to acquire lock or make the
lock more fragile.  ea14 and ea16 have different comb generator hardware
and we've never seen a drop in them, and we've looked hard for them.
There of course are many other differences between ea14/ea16 and the other
antennass, but this fact _should_ rule out most of Jim's alternate ideas,
such as the VLA system, executor level software, and network timing.
Only L302 version specific software and variations between the L30x
modules are likely to matter.

-Walter ...