[evlatests] Updated levels for ea18 and ea24

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Sat Jun 24 18:17:21 EDT 2006

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006, Jim Jackson wrote:

> Hopefully this was the explanation for the poor K/Q band performance on Ant
> 18 that Ken mentioned to me earlier in the day?

Unfortunately not.  I had set the gains to something sensible
but without success.

The current state of 18 as I understand it is that Q band works,
but needs fine tuning (expecially pointing) to be useful.  I
tried this yesterday but was stymied by an ACU problem affecting
the azimuth axis.  That was fixed late Friday afternoon so we can
try again sometime.  K band is still incoherent.  No correlated
signal and large impulsive spikes in the SD measured at the T5.

This report is based on observations after Rob fixed the problem
with fan cables in the UX converter that was contaminated the
signals.

> Antenna 18 C band and Antenna 24 L-band are not useable at this time.  We
> will notify everyone when they become available.

Agreed.  We see no noise power at all.