[evlatests] Antenna 18

Rob Long rlong at nrao.edu
Wed Jun 21 20:06:04 EDT 2006

Antenna 18 has good switched power on K and Q-bands as of this
afternoon.  We found two coax cables in the fan section of the U/X
converter with broken shields.  The main culprit was more than likely
the LO input cable.  It was actually allowing the resonance of the DC
fans to couple into the signal path at 309.5 Hz and 315 Hz.  (Two fans
in the enclosure!)  All four cables in this section of the converter
were replaced and signals now look good at the T-5s (all IFs).

There is also a C-band receiver installed in ant. 18 and cooling down.
Once we have verified signal quality to the T-5, it should be usable.

Rob