[evlatests] new bands at antenna 18

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri Jun 16 13:36:57 EDT 2006

I tried to sort out which of the newly commissioned
bands work at antenna 18.

P band
Signals.  RCP looks OK; LCP (IFs C and D) do not
provide enough power to level the T5s.  Playing
with attenuators does not help.
Fringes.  Strong on RR and RL, weak on LL and LR,
both IF pairs.  Goes away when antenna pointed off
source.

K band
Signals.  Power to the T5s, but no SD voltage for
any IF.
Fringes.  Not a hint.  I suspect we are missing
the connection to the receiver.

Q band
Signals.  OK.
Fringes.  Weak fringes on all four IFs.  No sign
that the polarizations are backwards.  Pointing, focus
and delay tuning needed, but not done yet.

Attenuator settings for Q band were installed in the
database, but not for K band because I am not sure
what is happening yet.