[evlatests] EVLA Hardware

Mike Revnell mrevnell at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Jun 15 09:40:56 EDT 2006

In re. delay changes. The EDFAs consist mainly of a rather long piece of
fiber. It seems to be difficult to find out just how long this is. The
only information I could find on the web seems to indicated numbers
between 5 and 100 meters. We can probably expect our EDFAs to add some
tens of meters of fiber delays.

Yesterday I wouldn't have been surprised to learn this was a Km or two but
that was pessimistic.

Mike Revnell
National Radio Astronomy Observatory
Socorro, New Mexico