[evlatests] EVLA Hardware

Rob Long rlong at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue Jun 13 20:52:56 EDT 2006

Ant 16 was having problems with the L302-1 dropping out of lock or not
locking after a command.  Since this an older style synthesizer, we sent
it back on the noon shuttle to be checked out in the lab.  I will talk
with Jim tomorrow to get a better understanding of downtime for this
module.  IFs B and D are still chunking along at all available bands.

Ant 24 has IF-A up and running at X-band (signal from receiver to
correlator), but the receiver will not be cool until sometime this
evening.  I hope to have the D303 re-installed into Ant 24 tomorrow for
first fringes at X-band (IFs A and C) on Thursday.

Ant 18 threw some curve balls at us today, but it was mostly problems
due to using a new (for EVLA) pad.  The 1 Gb/s ethernet fiber had a
loose fiber on the back of the patch panel in the termination room that
kept us from communicating to the network.  Once Linda tightened this,
the M & C came back to life.  The other problem was an incorrectly
routed fiber for the IF signal from the antenna.  A patch cable is
connected to the incorrect fiber port to route the IFs to the
deformatters.  Fiber will have to correct this tomorrow, but it should
be a very quick fix.  Once these issues were resolved, the antenna
appeared to be working.

The good news about 18 is that all modules and the network switch stayed
up and functioning during the move!  No power glitches or weird states!

Rob