[evlatests] Ant 24

Mike Revnell mrevnell at nrao.edu
Fri Jul 28 10:22:27 EDT 2006

Kerry traced the problem with the DTS module removed from ant 24 the other
day.  It looks like the problem was a cable which caused a whole new
syndrome not seen before.

The waveform distortions I saw when I looked at it indicated some kind of
weird jitter in the digitizer clock. The cable in question carries the
timing signal from a utility board in the module (PSC) to the formatter.

The only theory I can contrive is that the cable problem was causing
jitter on the 52ms which was then somehow screwing up the formatter logic.

Mike Revnell
National Radio Astronomy Observatory
Socorro, New Mexico
mrevnell at nrao.edu