[evlatests] summary

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Tue Jul 11 19:38:09 EDT 2006

As Rick reported the L302 dropouts were not seen in 13AC
after the change in MIB software. If we are all in agreeement
that the proper fix is in the MIB rather than the FPGA then
we should upgrade as many of these a we can tomorrow.

Rob and Jim apparantly took care of the problems engendered
by the storms of the weekend.  I found only a 10 ns delay
change for 13A, and a recalcitrant L301-1 in antenna 14.
Rob said he would remove the L301 this afternoon.

They poked at 18 much of the afternoon, however I must
report that it still does not work at all at K band.
What I know about this is that:
1.  It works at Q band
2.  At K band what seems to be a reasonable signal gets all
     the way to the T5.  TP and SD both look reasonable.
3.  When the K band NT is disabled the SD goes away.
4.  When the antenna moves from 50 degrees to zenith the
     SD is seen to rise by about the same ratio in antennas
     13 and 18; thus the receiver appears to be connected
     to the sky.
5.  The subreflector is set to what we were told for K band.

Help is needed to think of something else to look at.