[evlatests] L302 dropouts explained...

Walter Brisken wbrisken at nrao.edu
Fri Jul 7 21:45:47 EDT 2006

I should have clarified about antenna 24 that for EVLA files produced
using obs2script (where all things of importance happen on IAT 10 second
ticks) the value of the walsh function for 24 is 0 at the critical instant
within the walsh function cycle.  For EVLA scripts not aligned to IAT 10
second ticks a different (perhaps random) phase of the walsh function is
pertanent.  In some cases the first scan of a file is different in that
the executor's 10 second interval is not yet tied to the VLA (IAT) 10
second phase until a stop time is reached.

During today's tests we continued to see at varying intervals the n*60
degree jumps that Barry mentioned yesterday.

-Walter