[evlatests] antenna 13, mostly

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Jan 30 18:29:20 EST 2006

I spent a little time this afternoon getting the new stuff
in antenna 13 working.  We now have 4 IFs at L, C and X bands.

There are small problems for IFs B and D.  The T5 total power
for IF B is too small (~5.0 V) at all bands and this IF is
always flagged.  There seems to be enough power getting to
the T5 because the ALC is fine and decreasing the downconverter
attenuator does not help.  I suspect a T5 problem: is the
local/sampler detector switch in the wrong position?  The
total power in IF D however is too large: about 7.5 V at all
bands.  This is not large enough to cause flagging but it makes
me wonder if the T5 needs some help.

No attempt was made to see if 14 works at P band.

Except for the fact that 14 and 16 were not checked at K or Q
bands all three antennas should be working well for any tests
being planned for Tuesday night.