[evlatests] EVLA antennas

Rob Long rlong at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Jan 26 10:09:10 EST 2006

Ant 13 - Yesterday (Jan 25) we installed downconverters and DTS modules
for IFs B and D.  There is now switched power at all 4 IFs in L and X
bands.  The C-band receiver is installed but not quite ready for use.

Ant 14 - No changes to this antenna, everything was working when we
left.  We will be radiating into the antenna and performing more tests
today.

Ant 16 - The T305-D continues to have software resets in the MIB after
swapping downconverters.  We have checked power extensively in the
antenna and can not cause a power reset.  We will be swapping hardware
between the T304/T305 C and D slots today to determine if the problem is
  in the module or somehow (?) slot related.

All deformatter cards have been modified to reduce the switching power
supply noise (on the D/A output) by approximately 15dB.  We need some
input about the continued use of the 6 dB pads on the deformatter
outputs.  These do improve isolation as well so I have no issues, but we
are running low and will need to order more.

Rob