[evlatests] EVLA tests, night of Jan12th.

Vivek Dhawan vdhawan at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri Jan 13 17:09:38 EST 2006

Rob Long wrote:
> All IFs and bands available at 13, 14, and 16 are working!

following Rob's report, we got some data just before midnight
on the 12th.

1 hour in continuum mode, then
1 hour of data taken in line mode for bandpass tests.

X-band continuum: 14, 16 worked on all IFs. 13 worked on IF's A,C, as
                   expected.

L-band continuum: 14, 16 OK. (minor oddities on baseline 14-22, perhaps
                               shadowing, not pursued now.)

                   13 very weak fringes. Ken said delays were not set.

		  (Are X-band delays very different from L-band delays?)

C-band continuum: 14, 16 OK on all IF's, only 1 minute of data.
                    13 absent, as expected.

Line 1:	31 chans/IF, 4-mode = A,B,C,D = 2 IFs, stokes RR, LL. X-band.

         antennas 14, 16: present in data, but dead - no fringes.

         ant 13:  IF A = 1 R = dead.

                  IF B = 2 R = Stuck, high amplitude, phase=+_180.

                  IF C, D =  1 L and 2 L = absent.

Line 2: 31 chans/IF, 4-mode = A,B,C,D = 2 IFs, stokes RR, LL. 1365 MHz

         same as Line 1.

Line 3: 31 chans/IF, 2AC-mode = A,C = 2 IFs, stokes RR, LL. 1415 MHz

         Antennas 13,14,16 - no data.

2 more hours of test tonight, after retrofits to T304 filters + I don't
know what else.

I will do simple continuum, L,C,X,K bands, and see what works.
Then check to see if aliasing/closure errors really are vanquished.

Vivek.