[evlatests] EVLA status

Rob Long rlong at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue Jan 10 10:47:19 EST 2006

Ant 14 has new downconverters and new DTS modules installed in all 4
IFs.  (By new I mean downconverters with the 2-4 GHz BPF installed and
updated firmware in the DTS modules.)  At the end of the day (after some
judicious massaging), we appeared to have good switched power on all 4 IFs.

Ant 13 has 2 IFs (A & C) working at X-band.  The LSC converter is hooked
up, but we ran into an issue with the MIB software in the L304.  The
L304 seems to have incorrect switch commands for band settings, so the
32V switch power has been disconnected and everything is running at
default positions (X-band).  As soon as the L304 issue is resolved, we
should also have L-band.

Ant 13 had one other issue that we corrected yesterday that would
explain the strange behavior seen Friday.  The LVDS timing was connected
to the synthesizers, but the 422 timing (heartbeat) was not connected to
the MIBs!  This would allow the L302s to lock, but commands would not
have been properly clocked into the module.  This should help with fringing.

No one has touched ant 16 (as far as I know) so it should still be working.

Rob