[evlatests] maybe

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri Feb 17 15:29:51 EST 2006

> From evlatests-bounces at donar.cv.nrao.edu  Thu Feb 16 18:10:06 2006
> Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 18:09:46 -0700
> To: evlatests at aoc.nrao.edu
> From: Jim Jackson <jjackson at aoc.nrao.edu>
> Subject: [evlatests] EVLA system
On Feb 16 Jim reported:
> We checked the central LO system today and discovered that the system was
> not quite in sync and that we had no 0.1 pps at the L350.  The problem was
> traced to a broken BNC connector at the IAT clock in the computer room.  We
> repaired the cable and reset everything in the antennas.

> Lastly, we replaced a T5 in Antenna 13 IF-A that was reporting excessively
> high synchronous detector readings.

> Ken is said he will check the antennas during test time tomorrow morning.

This was done and there was no evidence of EVLA antennas
misbehaving in about 45 minutes of observations.  Delays
were set and a survey made of what works.  Replacing the
T5 in 13A fixed the problems I reported on Tuesday.  The
loss of the 10 second tick is consistent with what we have
seen over the last week or so.  Time will tell whether that
was really the culprit.

C band continues not to work on antenna 16; no TP, no SD
and no fringes.  It looks like something is miswired or not
connected at all.

Barry used the remainder of the time this afternoon to
pursue reference pointing.  Rick is planning to have another
go at sensitivity tonight, as well as a first try to look
seriously at polarization properties of the L band system.