[evlatests] Antenna #14

Tom Frost tfrost at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Feb 1 23:44:06 EST 2006

Once again I was called out to respond to Ant#14 having driven
into the Down EL Limit with both EL motors faulted out...there
were *no* ACU MIB fault lights illuminated...

After manually driving out of the EL limit to the STOW position
and aligning the ladder = to the VLA PARK position, I put the ACU
into COMP mode and asked OPS if he could see/talk to it..he could

I then asked him to try to point it before I left to make certain
it was functional...he said that the script had ended....I then
manually moved AZ/EL away from PARK position & asked if he had a
"PARK Button" on his panel...he did...he pushed it and the Ant started
immediately driving towards the AZ/EL limits...

The reason is because *no* commanded position data was transmitted to
the ACU as it went into DPM...all commanded position LEDs' on ACU were
blank which is = to POS 0.000 degs...obviously not a valid command...

Is this an embedded software issue pertaining to the Operators Overlay??

OPS states there was no script running at this time, he just pushed the
PARK button on his overlay...

Oh yeah...one more little item...when he called me at home, he stated
that his problems actually started with Ant #16 going out of DPM MODE
@approx 0124 IAT....he hit TRACK but it continued towards limits...he
went to STANDY & back to TRACK with same results...he then hit PARK &
it did PARK.....it was e-stopped.....

On to Ant #14.....at the same time all this was happening, he was taking
care of some VLA files, and turned around to see that Ant #14 had driven
into the EL Down Limit and both EL motors had faulted...he then called me...

hope this helps...
--

Tom Frost
Servo Group Leader