[evlatests] 10-second phase jumps

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Fri Aug 18 13:43:37 EDT 2006

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006, Rick Perley wrote:

>    Event A:  All EVLA antennas jumped together at 15:43:32.1
>       14A jumped by 105 degrees
>       14C by  -253
>       16A by 183
>       16C by 183
>       16B by -112
>       16D by -111
>       18A by -249
>       18C by 110
>       18B by  248
>       18D by -111
>
>    Event B:  EVLA antennas 16 and 18 jumped together at 15:51:42.  ***
> Note that antenna 14 did not!***
>        The phase  jumps in these event are *identical* to those in EVent A.
>
>    Also note that the phase jump is actually the same for all IFs on a
> given antenna, (since +105 = -253 in phase rotation) and that antennas
> 16 and 18 have the same jump.  Antenna 14's jump is of a different
> magnitude (but A and C jump by the same quantity).

There is a typo in the above table or what you say is not
quite correct.  The magnitude of the jump is identical
for all IF pairs but 16 AC.  (183+112 = 295 != 360)

The next step should be to simplify the experiment by
doing it at X band.  If it goes away the L301 has a problem.
If it continues the L302 has a problem.  I leave open the
question of whether the executor is doing something wrong.