[evlatests] report on K-band observing from last Saturday, April 15

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue Apr 18 20:36:10 EDT 2006

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Claire Chandler wrote:

> Antenna 13:
>
>   - all the data were flagged by the online system
>
> An EVLA antenna is flagged if there is no switched power, it is not on
> source, or if the subreflector position is wrong, so I re-loaded all data
> including those flagged:
>
>   - the Tsys values are sensible, so the switched power appears to have
> 	been fine

Some of the assumptions are not true.  At the moment, EVLA antennas
will be flagged only
if the backend TP is out of range or if the antenna is marked as bad in
the IF file.  Antenna 13 is not marked as bad in SYSKIF so the data must
have been flagged because of out of range TP.  It is possible to have
TP too low and still have non-zero switched power.  Perhaps signal levels
are not quite right.  On the face of it there is little evidence to think
the subreflector is out of order.

Ken