[evlatests] C-Band Behavior

Rick Perley rperley at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri Apr 14 19:39:36 EDT 2006

    C-Band results for EVLA antennas 13, 14 and 16 from today's test are
as follows:

    Amplitude and phase stability are fabulous, with short-term
amplitude fluctuations
of typically 0.2%.  Phases are totally dominated by atmospheric
variations.
    Antenna 13, IFs B and D are doing the same thing as noted in the
L-band report.
A small dropout, separated by 10 seconds, but not every ten-second
interval.  For
the  C-band data, the dropout occurred 'on the 3s' (13, 23, 33 seconds,
etc.)

    Bandpasses, delays, etc. are fine.

of 3 to 5
(these values are proportional to [efficiency/Tsys]^2).  Good ones are 6
to 8.
Antenna 13 has weights from 8 to 11.  Antenna 14 is also 8 to 11 (except
IF 'C',
which is only 1.0, so is clearly not right).  Antenna 16 is 6 to 9.5 --
not as good,
so we'll have to look into this.  These numbers are verified by real
noise data.

    The elevation dependence of sensitivity is small (by VLA L-band
standards), but there is
some hint that the EVLA elevation dependence is greater than that of the
VLA.
We'll need to look into this with further tests.