[evlatests] EVLA antennas at P-band and 4-band

Rick Perley rperley at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Apr 6 15:15:41 EDT 2006

    We checked EVLA antenna performance at P-band and 4-band.

    a) 4-band.

    The executor apparently doesn't recognize 73.8 MHz as a valid
frequency, so no data were obtained from EVLA antennas.    I am
told that only Barry can fix this problem.

    b) P-band.

    Antenna 14 gives good strong fringes, but only from IFs A and C.
Sensitivity of 14 seems as good or better than VLA antennas.
    Antenna 16 is supposed to be outfitted at P-band, but Walter's
check of power levels suggests a negative attenuator setting is required.
No can do.  Seems the power levels are low.  Needless to say, no
useable interferometer data were obtained.

    No more observations are possible until the wind subsides.