[evlatests] antenna 13

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue Apr 4 19:05:04 EDT 2006

A summary of what little I know about antenna 13.  I was
in the correlator meeting most of the day today so I
asked the operators to do delays at as many bands as they
could get to work.

1.  The subreflector is fixed now and apparantly goes to
the right place.  If the subreflector was reindexed I was
not told about it.

2.  The antenna points well enough to provide a response
comparable to other antennas at L band and C band.

3.  The operator reports that delays were set at L and C
band.  It is not clear to me that delays were set well
at X band, and even less clear if that was because the
pointing was so far off as to make it difficult.

Some time should be spend looking at X band again and
getting the delays in line.  K band and Q band should
be looked at as well.

A pointing run would be useful.  At X band if we can determine
the antenna is already well pointed enough, else at C band.