[evlatests] preliminary account for Sep 15, 2005

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Sep 15 19:15:13 EDT 2005

                   EVLA Tests, Sept 15, 2005

Much of what was learned will have to be supplied by Jim and Rick.
The hardware people had the antennas until about 1400 and Rick
and I tried to use the rest of the time.

We intended to have a go at sensitivity measurements again allowing
time to set levels by hand as well as could be managed.  The measured
sampler RMS at each band is given below.

C    IF A    B   C    D
14     12   10   9   10
16     10   7.6 10   11

14   12.6  10.2  9.1  8.9
16    1.5   9.6  9.5 11.1

14        dead
16    3.0   8.6  8.9 10.7

The downconverter MIB in 16A stopped respnding during the
C band portion of the experiment.  The power level for 14B
during the X band segment changed from 10.2 to 7.5 during
the X band pointing scan and remained low for all the succeeding
scans.

L band seems to have been a catastrophe.  No signal at all from 14.
It looked like the downconverters were not getting any signal.  In
continuum only 16BD worked.  All four IFs were there in the narrow
band spectral line scan.  Perhaps there was a delay error.