[evlatests] Ant 14 and 16

Rob Long rlong at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Sep 1 10:33:13 EDT 2005

Hello all,

      Just a quick message to let everyone know that the birdies on Ant
16 A & D should be reduced to the level of the remaining IFs.  We found
a missing ground jumper on one and a bad solder joint connection on the
other.  Both were repaired and should work similarly to the others.

      If we want to try and vary the gain2 settings in the deformatter
(directly before the D/A), we can bring the signal up somewhat in
relation to the birdies and let the T5 ALC loop compensate.  If we want
to try higher gain settings, let me know so that we can install fixed
attenuators in the IF path.

      Also, IF-C in ant 14 is known to have lower gain (up to 8 dB
lower) and will have to be replaced when we have a replacement.

Rob