[evlatests] Managing collimation errors

Barry Clark bclark at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Oct 26 16:09:44 EDT 2005

I was not unaware that redefining other parts of the pointing model
can change the collimation errors more than the actual change in pointing.
I was not concerned about the mere correlation effects that Craig mentions,
because we are pretty conservative about having a lot of good data before
we actually change the model parameters, and because collimations are much
better separated than for VLBA (one of the (few) benefits of over-the-top
observing).  However, if we suddenly wanted to add another parameter to
the pointing model, yes, that part of it that was previouosly absorbed in
the collimation would all change together.