[evlatests] Hardware on EVLA antennas

Rob Long rlong at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri Oct 14 13:40:15 EDT 2005

We had to reset 16A and 16B downconverters yesterday (the 13th) in order
to bring them back to the living.  We also installed the new D304 (to go
along with the new D301-3) and all 4 IFs appear to be working.

We replaced the T304D in ant 14 and saw the same MIB problems.  We
traced the problem down to an intermittent pin on the DC distribution
board (+7 vdc dropping out) and moved the power connector to another
blank slot on the distribution board.  We will replace the distribution
board in the next week.

With this fixed, we swapped the original T304D back in and discovered a
low gain problem through IF-D.  It turned out to be a problem in the
D304 module.  We swapped in the D304 that we had just taken from ant 16
and both power and deformatter statistics looked reasonable.

This means that the D304 in ant 14 still uses the last version of
software to turn on the samplers while the other 7 IFs in 14 and 16 use
the newest software for turning on the formatters and samplers.

The T304-B on ant 14 has been running for over a week with no problems.
  With the possibility of the power steps in 14B and the constant MIB
lockup on 14A, we are swapping 14A and 14B around to see if either of
these problems are related to slot/external hardware.

Rob