[evlatests] Monitor archive data

Barry Clark bclark at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Oct 12 19:43:23 EDT 2005

I got to wondering what's going into the monitor data archive.  I picked
an arbitrary day when both the CMP and EVLA monitor data were going into
the archive.  I happened to pick July 1, 2005.

Conclusions:
VLA front ends have more than their fair share of monitor data.  Everything
but the F4's could be cut by a factor of about 10.

T304s have more than their fair share of EVLA monitor data.  Eliminating
logging of points with 'SPARE' in their name, and cutting the rest by a
factor of two would bring it into line (no good reason to log temperatures
and power supplies at 30s intervals).

If this were done, we would have about 50/50 from the CMP and two EVLA
antennas.

Counts of datapoints from 050701

VLA devices

DEVICENAME	     SUM(MONPOINTCOUNT)
-------------------- ------------------
ACU				 131616
                                        131,616
ANT				  15931
AskKEN_1			  37299
AskKEN_2			  48004
AskKEN_4			  13240
AskKEN_5			    942
                                        115,416
F1				  73888
F10_AB_C			  16401
F10_AB_K			  16401
F10_AB_Ku			  16401
F10_AB_L			  16401
F10_CD_C			  16383
F10_CD_K			  16383
F10_CD_Ku			  16383
F10_CD_L			  16395
F12				  68905
F14				  88213
F14_K				  87279
F14_L				  89234
F14_Q				  88758
F14_X				  89712
F2				  30243
F2_K				  22588
F3				  21813
F320				   2060
F4_A				  21884
F4_B				  21884
F4_C				  21884
F4_D				  21884
F5				  60064
FE				  27300
                                      1,059,453
FRM				 225481
                                        225,481
L1				  27180
L11				  40537
L12_DS1 			    988
L12_DS2 			    980
L13_DS1 			   2958
L13_DS2 			   2931
L14				  30316
L15_DS1 			    988
L15_DS2 			    980
L17_DS1 			   1962
L17_DS2 			   1948
L18_DS1 			   3944
L18_DS2 			   3911
L19_DS1 			   3943
L19_DS2 			   3908
L1_DS1				   9872
L1_DS2				   8820
L2				  16308
L23_DS1 			    981
L23_DS2 			    972
L23_DS3 			   1930
L26				    980
L27				   1940
L2A_DS1 			  15752
L2A_DS2 			  15596
L3				  43446
L31				    980
L4				  10844
L5				  32656
L6A				  48654
L6B				  48535
L7				  53818
L8				   5371
L9				  10136
                                        452,141
M1_DS0				    988
M1_DS1				   7406
M1_DS2				   6361
M1_DS3				   6271
M1_DS4				   6065
M1_DS5				   5847
M4				  21484
                                         54,422
MASER  				  37244
                                         37,244
P4				   9850
P4_DS1				    981
P4_DS2				    974
P4_DS3				   1944
P5				  14775
P5_DS1				   3924
P5_DS2				   3888
P5_DS3				   2916
P6_DS1				    981
P6_DS2				    972
P7				    972
                                         42,177
T1_ANT				  43312
T1_CER				  29886
T2_ANT				  16266
T2_CER				  24905
T6				   9722
                                        124,091
T5				  59273
                                         59,273
VR				  10844
                                         10,844
WS				  20748
                                         20,748

Grand total VLA monitor points                2,332,906

EVLA devices
acu                               81578
D30X				   9039
F1_L				  22792
F1_Q				  22694
F1_X				  22806
frm                              160409
L301				 148776
L302				 123144
L304				   6214
L305				   6552
T304				1025464
T305				  29550
TPD				  93231

Grand total EVLA monitor points               1,752,249

There are no L352s in the above list.  On October 1, there were 227,277
points from L352s.