[evlatests] quick summary of November 8 activities

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue Nov 8 19:58:48 EST 2005

I tried to make sure the antennas were working before SW time
started and found that all 8 DTS modules were not sending optical
power and their MIBs were not listening.  Rob and Jim looked into
it and found two problems: antenna 14 had achieved a mysterious
state with all its DTS modules dead and the L305 out of sync,
antenna 16 had had its sampler rack turned of for FE work at the
antenna.  Both were returned to normal.

The 10 dB pad in the path between the 14A downconverter and the T4
was replaced with a 6 dB pad and I made the same measurements as
last week.  The results will be reported after I have digested the
data.

At this point I spent some time trying to see what worked.  Both
antennas were pointed and large delay errors were found for 14C,
around 10 ns for 16D, and modest errors for the other IFs.  At the
end of this 14B and 16A were found to be weaker than expected for
no obvious reason.  There was no time to look at other bands.

The remainder of the time was given over for Rick to look for the
usual things with, at best, modest success because of a large
collection of problems.