[evlatests] [Fwd: Baselines and EVLA]

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Nov 7 19:15:23 EST 2005

> Below is a report from the evening operator on Nov 4 re using 14 & 16 in
> pointing tests.

I used the version of D10 which looks at the archive and can
confirm that what we see is exactly what Rick reported in his
note a few minutes ago.

What was happening during the baseline run (and presumably the
pointing run) was that the first few records were noise and the
last few looked normal.  It is clear that the EVLA antennas were
late in getting to source compared to the VLA antennas because
they started later.  This explains the operator's reports that
the EVLA was not looking at the same source as the VLA.

The delay is not the same for all scans.  Some were only 10 or 20
seconds, others were more than a minute.  I can supply the d10
output if anyone cares to look for a pattern.

So this time it must be Bryan's fault it must have happened when
he fixed the end of scan problem, which, Rick reports, is gone.

Ken