[evlatests] Birdies in 14a

Jim Jackson jjackson at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri Dec 30 16:30:21 EST 2005

As has been discussed in the past, I'm not sure we are going to completely
get rid of these birdies without some significant change to the
deformatter hardware.  The birdies should only be a transition issue as
they seem to get into the analog output from the DAC.  There is virtually
no way for them to affect the digital output once the cards are installed
in the WIDAR correlator.

If this is a serious problem for the transistion, it could be a
considerable setback and result in some delays.

Cheers,
Jim