[evlatests] Antenna birdies

Rob Long rlong at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Aug 29 11:20:27 EDT 2005

We just looked for the birdies here on the test bench and found that
they are coming directly from the two switching power supplies on the
deformatter boards.  IFs A and D may be worse because they may not have
the ground jumper installed on the deformatter boards.  We will check
this tomorrow and fix it if necessary.

We need to talk today about the effect this has on observing.  Are the
IFs with the lower levels causing a problem or just A and D with the
higher amplitudes?

This is, of course, only a transition issue I believe.  Once we are
using the digital signal straight into the correlator, we won't see
these power supplies.

Rob