[evlatests] ea16-l302-2

Pete Whiteis pwhiteis at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Aug 29 11:15:36 EDT 2005

Rob Long wrote:

> I looked at EA16-L302-2 this morning and it definitely wasn't locking.
> I commanded a MIB reboot and everything now appears to be working
> fine.  Did you try a reboot before?
>
> Rob

No I didn't.  The fact that this fixed the problem indicates the DDS
wasn't responding to commands and required a Master Reset (part of
initialization sequence) to clear it's communication buffer.
If this occurs again, we need to stress test a benchtop L302 and attempt
to recreate/fix this problem.    I'd hate to see a MIB reboot become
Standard Operating Procedure.

-Pete-