[evlatests] antenna 16

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri Aug 19 11:54:13 EDT 2005

By the morning light of day I was able to get the antenna
to work better than yesterday.

1.  The 16D deformatter slot ID does not work so it is hiding
at 10.80.116.30.  Once I found the deformatter it had to be
totally reset before it began to look normal.

2.  The DTS modules for both 16C and 16D had to be reset.
I don't know that it was necessary, but the deformatter
module for 16C was also reset.

It is clear that we don't want to hand antennas to operations
until the executor can routinely ensure that DTS modules are
in the proper state.  The MIB commands to allow this are several
weeks away.

Now that the antenna looks like it has a chance of working I
will set in motion the steps necessary to do pointing using
Rick's time tonight.  My choice is X band.  While C band is
more tolerant of large pointing errors, X band is more likely
work.