[evlatests] EVLA tests, Aug 8, 2005

Jim Jackson jjackson at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Aug 8 19:52:41 EDT 2005

I'm taking the IF-A DTS module and a new L302 out to antenna 16
tomorrow.  Unfortunately the new L305 is not working yet so I can't take
that out.

 From your comments on timing, it sounds like the 19.2 Hz may be
inverted.  I'm not sure if it's been that way all along or just happened
last week.  That's the only hardware explanation I can think of that would
result in things happening in the middle of the waveguide cycle while the
9.6Hz switched power is correctly synchronized.

For an easy test, I think I can send the L305 19.2Hz optical signal back by
simply substituting it for the optical 9.6Hz feeding the noise diodes.  In
the control building I should be able to see that 19.2 Hz out of the T5 and
verify it is correctly lined up with the master 19.2Hz.  Once I determine
that, I can compare it to the differential timing signals in the antenna to
see if we have any of them connected in their inverted state.

Jim