[Difx-users] Report from the 11th DiFX users and developers meeting

Adam Deller adeller at astro.swin.edu.au
Fri Oct 20 06:45:12 EDT 2017

Hi everyone,

As the DiFX workshop draws to a close (see photo on
https://www.atnf.csiro.au/vlbi/dokuwiki/doku.php/difx/difx_2017_bologna),
I'd like to thank all the attendees of the week and especially our gracious
host Matteo.  It has been a very productive week, with an unusually high
number of items ticked off the to-do list!  You can see the remaining items
on https://www.atnf.csiro.au/vlbi/dokuwiki/doku.php/difx/todo; if any users
would like to add any items, please let us know.

At the meeting we discussed potential sites and times for the 2018
workshop.  Wettzell observatory (southern Germany) in early September was
an option that seemed likely to work well given the constraints of the
people that were at the meeting.  Thanks to Christian for very quickly
confirming that this is an option!  Feedback on this tentative plan is
encouraged: if no alternates and/or objections are raised, we will seek to
progressively narrow down dates and make a firm decision by early 2018.

Happy correlating,
Adam on behalf of the DiFX developers

--
Dr. Adam Deller