[Difx-users] integration time

Hagatiana Andrianomena handrianomena at ska.ac.za
Fri May 12 09:59:36 EDT 2017

Hi DiFX users,

I got a question regarding the integration time in the setup:
SETUP default
{
  tInt = 1.000000
  fftSpecRes = 0.12500000
  specRes = 0.12500000
  doPolar = True
  maxNSBetweenACAvg = 2000000
}

I got this default setup by running oms2v2d using the .oms file from the
experiment. When running the difx I got no fringe but from changing the
tInt to
0.08 and both fftSpecRes and specRes the result seems to suggest I got
fringe (see plot attached).

I am not quite sure whether it is a naive question but I wonder if there is
a simple rule of thumb to get the right values of those parameters in order
to get fringe. I do not have much experience with DiFX I must say though.

Regards,
Sam