[Difx-users] mpicorrdifx cannot be loaded correctly on more than a single node

Chris.Phillips at csiro.au Chris.Phillips at csiro.au
Wed Jun 28 19:27:10 EDT 2017

>Regarding the large number of threads, If I have understood correctly
>from NRAO's difx tutorial, MPI should handle the threads(and
>hyperthreads) automatically. So I chose a large number to use whole
>system's resources and speed up the difx.

If you allocate "too many" threads, it *will* slow things down. The definition of "too many" is left as an exercise for the reader....

On my *old* servers with 8 cores total (no hyperthreading) then 7 threads is optimal on a machine which is only running the "Core" process. (no other mpifxcorr processes).

Cheers
Chris