[Difx-users] DIFX IPP9 (and later support)

Chris Phillips christo.phillips at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 20:20:53 EDT 2016

Hi all

DIFX does not support IPPv9 and later. This is due to deprecated functions
for FFT and DFTs.

I created an IPP9 branch a year ago and it seems to work with the tests I
have run and I will merge it with trunk in the next 2 weeks (before or
during the DIFX meeting). Due to the nature of the changes there is the
possibility of mistakes with what I am doing causing large or subtle
effects on the data.

Anyone using trunk routinely is warned to think about disabling updates
until you have tested it is all working. I would also strongly encourage
everyone to get themselves a test data set and correlate it before and
after the update and check for any significant differences.

Anyone who is using IPPv8 has an ideal setup for testing. IPPv8 supports
the new and old IPP FTT functions so with the same code base you can
correlate both approaches and hopefully see no difference.

I send out a message when I commit the merges.

Cheers
Chris