[Difx-users] Problem in performing "startdifx" command on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Lupin Lin lupin at asiaa.sinica.edu.tw
Fri Nov 4 04:03:35 EDT 2016

To whom will concern it,

When I finished the installation of DiFX in a new computer with the OS of Ubuntu 16.04, I tried to test for correlation using the command “startdifx”.
However, I receive the following error messages.

lupin at GLTCU:/data2/lupin/g3-7033$ startdifx -n -f g3_7033.input
While computing bindings, we found no available cpus on
the following node:

  Node:  GLTCU

Please check your allocation.
—————————————————————————————————————

Here’s the contents of g3_7033.machines,
GLTCU
GLTCU
GLTCU
GLTCU
GLTCU

And here’s the contents of g3_7033.threads,
NUMBER OF CORES:    1
4

GLTCU has one CPU of 4 cores, and I have checked the /etc/hosts.
————————
127.0.0.1       localhost
127.0.1.1       GLTCU
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
127.0.1.1 GLTCU.localdomain     GLTCU
————————

Therefore, I have no opinion why the computing server cannot find CPUs.
Did anyone meet the similar problem?

Sincerely,
--
Lupin Chun-Che Lin
Supporting Scientist of GLT (GreenLand Telescope) project